Love jalapeño poppers? You’re gonna want to try our Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese! Rather than sticking stuffed peppers on the sandwich, we make a hot pepper cream cheese spread that melts well with a sharp cheddar. Make this recipe in the Red Copper Flipwich for easy cooking and clean up.
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 oz. diced jalapeños, drained
8 slices sharp cheddar cheese
4 slices of bread
1 T butter, softened
1. Combine cream cheese and jalapenos in bowl and put aside.
2. Place your Flipwich opened on your counter. You will be building your sandwich inside the Flipwich prior to cooking.
3. Use a butter knife and lightly coat one side of the bread. Place butter-side down on one of the Flipwich grill plates.
4. Spread a layer of the cream cheese and jalapeno mix on the slice of bread in the Flipwich.
5. Add 4 slices of cheddar cheese on top of the cream cheese mix.
6. Lightly butter second slice of bread on one side and top sandwich, butter-side facing out.
7. Close Flipwich and place on stovetop.
8. Heat at medium heat, until each side is golden brown and cheese is melted.
9. Repeat steps for second sandwich.
YIELDS 2 SANDWICHES