Our Feta & Spinach Grilled Cheese sandwich breaks all the rules. Are you ready for these unique flavors to dance on your taste buds? Make this recipe in the Red Copper Flipwich for easy cooking and clean up.
4 slices of your favorite hearty bread, like a 12-grain bread (standard size loaf)
Approximately 6 slices of feta cheese cut from a block
½ C. lightly steamed spinach
Sprinkle of garlic powder (optional)
1 T butter softened to room temperature
1. Lightly steam spinach and put aside. Make sure any excess water is pressed out.
2. Place your Flipwich opened on your counter. You will be building your sandwich inside the Flipwich prior to cooking.
3. Use a butter knife and lightly coat one side of the whole wheat bread. Sprinkle a very light coating of the garlic powder over the butter (optional). Place butter-side down on one of the Flipwich grill plates.
4. Add two-three slices of feta cheese on top of the bread slice in your Flipwich. You may choose to crumble if it is easier.
5. Add a layer of lightly steamed spinach, approximately ¼ cup, to cover cheese.
6. Lightly butter second slice of bread on one side and top sandwich, butter-side facing out. Sprinkle buttered side of bread with garlic powder (optional)
7. Close Flipwich and place on stovetop.
8. Heat at medium heat, until each side is golden brown and cheese is slightly melted.
9. Repeat steps for second sandwich.
YIELDS 2 SANDWICHES