Pair the tangy spice of salami with mild, creamy Colby jack cheese, and you’ll make your mouth (and stomach) very happy. Make this recipe in the Red Copper Flipwich for easy cooking and clean up.
4 slices of soft Italian bread (standard loaf size)
8 slices of Colby jack cheese
4 slices of Genoa salami
1 T butter, softened
1. Place your Flipwich opened on your counter. You will be building your sandwich inside the Flipwich prior to cooking.
2. Use a butter knife and lightly coat one side of the bread. Place butter-side down on one of the Flipwich grill plates.
3. Place 2 slices of Colby jack cheese on the slice of bread in the Flipwich.
4. Add 2 slices of Genoa salami on top of the cheese.
5. Cover salami with 2 more slices of Colby jack cheese.
6. Lightly butter second slice of bread on one side and top sandwich, butter-side facing out.
7. Close Flipwich and place on stovetop.
8. Heat at medium heat, until each side is golden brown and cheese is melted.
9. Repeat steps for second sandwich.
YIELDS 2 SANDWICHES